BREAKING NEWS! AMUNDSEN RACE REGISTRATION OPENS 10 OCTOBER 2021
We’ve made some important decisions in the last few weeks that will definitely benefit Amundsen Race 2022 and hopefully create a template for the race’s long-term future!
Main change is the trail direction: instead of Storåbränna, proposed earlier on, the race heads to Norråker like the last edition in 2018.
A huge thank you after this decision making process goes to Norråker IF, organizer of Beaver Trap Trail race, for their willingness to cooperate with us, a.o. concerning trail making in the Norråker area and the possibility to have a checkpoint there.
In return, Jämtlandsfjällens Slädhundklubb (arranging Amundsen Race) will support Norråker IF with BTT, which takes place March 24-26. This is a great outcome and we strongly encourage all middle- and longdistance lovers to sign up for both these unique races in beautiful Jämtland!
At the moment we are working hard to update the website, which should and will be ready soon, because: RACE REGISTRATION OPENS OCTOBER 10, 12:00 (Strömsund time 😊)
So, more info to follow here on the website – but this is AR22 in a nutshell:
- Date: 17 – 20 February 2022
- 2 distances, 320km and 170km
- 320km, 8 and 12 dog class
- 170km, 8 dog class
- 50 participants maximum, board reserves the right to equally divide number of participants over the 2 distances
- Direction 320km: Strömsund – Norråker – Strömsund
- Direction 170km: Strömsund – Norråker (finish most likely somewhere in the Norråker area)
- Registration fees: 320km 12 dog class 4.500SEK / 320km 8 dog class 4.000SEK / 170km 8 dog class 3.000SEK
SURELY, YOU ARE AS EXCITED AS WE ARE?!?! BACK SOON!
/Amundsen Race Board